For now, OnStar is not available in the existing 2020 or older generation of vehicles. Please review equipped list above.
The vehicles listed above are equipped with the OnStar hardware during production. However, OnStar Connected Services and Wi-Fi plans are an opt-in service based on a subscription model and active in only certain countries.
OnStar Connected Services and Wi-Fi plans are available in select countries only. Please see onstararabia.com for details.
Your OnStar trial or Protect, Connect or Bundle plan will work in any of the countries where OnStar is available. Your Wi-Fi data trial or plan is not roaming and will work only in the country for which you were onboarded.
Absolutely. With a human touch at the very center of OnStar’s service, it is essential that the person at the end of the call understands the landscape, both from a geographical and cultural perspective. For the Middle East, this will include a regional connected contact center with fully trained advisors speaking both Arabic and English.
OnStar equipped vehicles come with a large roof antenna that’s stronger than that of a cell phone. Where the cellular network signal is weak you might still have a connection, although your cell phone does not. However, please note the OnStar antenna depends on the same kind of (cellular) network as an ordinary cell phone and as such is subject to cellular network coverage and availability. It’s not a satellite phone. Not all services are available everywhere, particularly in remote areas. See our User Terms for more details.
1. Requires equipped vehicle and active OnStar plan. OnStar plans not available in all countries. See onstararabia.com for equipped vehicles, service availability and system limitations. Standard Connect does not include emergency or security services.
2. Calls may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes. OnStar Middle East Advisors are not trained medics.
3. Google built-in services are subject to limitations, and availability may vary by vehicle, infotainment system and location. Certain Google actions and functionalities may require account linking. User terms and privacy statement apply. Google, Google Play and Google Maps are trademarks of Google LLC. Google Assistant is not available in certain languages and countries. Google Built-in is available from MY22 onwards on the GMC Yukon, Yukon XL and Sierra (Sierra built after April 2022) on select trims in all live connected markets.
4. Requires equipped vehicle, OnStar plan and Wi-Fi data plan. Not available on all vehicles. OnStar plans and Wi-Fi data plans not available in all countries. Once available, will require a data plan with Etisalat (UAE) or STC (Kuwait). See onstararabia.com for service availability details and system limitations.
5. Trial period subject to GMC Model.
6. Only applicable on vehicles with Standard trials